The PDF file is used by educators to distribute information to learners all the time. In this video, learn how to create a link so your students can either view the PDF in their browser or have it automatically download to their device.
- [Instructor] To create a link to a PDF file,…you set the target of the link…to the relative or absolute location…of the PDF file.…Then, you can decide if you want the PDF file…to be displayed to your learner…or have it downloaded to their device.…I'm in syllabus.html,…and inside of my local site,…I've created a folder called resources,…where I have a PDF version of the syllabus…called syllabus.pdf.…Near the top of the syllabus,…we offer our students access to a PDF copy…that they can either view in their browser…or download to their device.…
Let's first create a relative link to the PDF…and use the text view as our label.…Create an opening anchor tag…and then set the href attribute equals to…quotes the relative path to the file.…Since we've grouped our PDF files…in a folder called resources,…we need to start with the name of the folder…and then a forward slash…and then the name of the PDF file,…which is syllabus.pdf.…Close the quotes and then close the tag.…Since most browsers will automatically display a PDF…or use the Acrobat plug-in to open it in the browser,…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.