Linking to a Google Doc is used by educators to distribute information to learners all the time. In this video, learn how to create a link so your students can view the Google Doc in their browser.
- [Instructor] Google Drive can be used to share…files to distribute to your learners,…or for active online collaboration.…I'm in syllabus.html,…where in the last movie,…we created a relative link for our learners…to view a PDF copy of our syllabus.…I've also included unit02.html…and a resources folder with a copy of the PDF file.…Let's host that PDF file on our Google Drive,…create a shared link from that location,…and then update our html.…
To begin, you'll need to sign in to your…Google or Gmail account and navigate to your Drive…by clicking on the Applications link…in the upper right and then selecting Drive.…I've already created a folder for each of my courses.…If you'd like to learn more about using Google Drive…as part of your class and walk through…setting up the collaborative activity…that we're going to link to at the end of this movie,…then check out my Blended Learning Fundamentals course,…where I'll walk you through…everything that you need to know.…I'll go inside of my ENV 432 Impacts course.…
Then we need to load the file…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.