- Installing MongoDB for Windows and OS X
- Why Mongo?
- Document-oriented data
- Exploring the Mongo shell
- Importing data into the database
- Building an application in Node.js
- Tuning Mongo queries
- Replication and sharding
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Kirsten] Hi. I'm Kirsten Hunter. I'm an API evangelist, and I am committed to making sure that developers have a fantastic experience working with any type of technology. I love Mongo because it makes it super easy to bring up an application stack and get to the coding. In this course, I'm going to give you an overview of the differences between relational and document databases, and then we'll dive right in to using Mongo. Exercises in the shell, and then Node.js will give you a strong foundation to move forward and use Mongo for your projects. Mongo is a fantastic tool for your toolbelt.
Being able to prototype and iterate quickly is incredibly useful. I'm excited to give you the knowledge you need to work with Mongo.