Moodle allows you to easily upload and share a wide variety of files with your students including documents, images, audio, and videos. Most files can be embedded and viewed within the Moodle platform. You can also share URLs with your students. Files and URLs can be added to specific sections within your Moodle course so that students can access them.
- It is simple to add files and URLs as resources…to your Moodle course.…In this video, we'll take a look at ways…in which you can utilize files and URLs,…as well as how to add them.…Let's start out with files.…Moodle allows you to easily upload…and share files such as presentations,…videos, HTML pages, and more.…For many of the files,…they'll appear directly in the course interface.…If the file is unable to be shown in the course interface,…students will be prompted to download it.…Let's add a couple files.…I'm going to navigate down…to my Communication Fundamentals section,…and as you can see,…I'm unable to add anything right now…because I need to turn editing on.…
In the upper right, I'll turn it on,…scroll back down.…And I'm going to click on…Add an activity or resource.…From here, I'll scroll down to Resources…and double-click on File.…From here I can name it,…and the first one I'm going to name…Communication Fundamentals Presentation.…We could leave a description if we'd like.…And then, if we want that description…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.