Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Key takeaways, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- I covered a lot of information…in this course about Moodle,…but hopefully you don't feel like…you just drank from a fire hose.…In case it's all a blur,…I've put together some key take-away items from this course.…First, Moodle is designed to make things easy…for you as a teacher.…Moodle's three column format makes it easy to find…what you're looking for.…The text editor has a toolbar that mimics programs…like Microsoft Word or Google Docs.…Moodle's inline help explains settings or fields…when you don't know what the do.…
Next, start by setting the scene.…Edit the course settings…to make sure you have enough Moodle sections…to mirror your syllabus.…Set up your course learning outcomes.…And add blocks so you and your students…can access information and tools more quickly.…When it comes to resources for your class,…you can add files and organize them in folders,…add links to external webpages,…and add internal Moodle webpages.…
Remember, Moodle is built…on a collaborative learning philosophy,…so consider creating groups,…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.