Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Items and categories, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Moodle Gradebooks include items,…which are then grouped into categories.…Teachers are able to add and edit these in each course.…We're gonna look at how to set your teacher's…defaults for these settings in this video.…Before we look at these settings themselves…let's have a quick look at the teacher view…so we know how it looks for him or her.…I'm in the Mount Orange Demo site…and I've got the teachers categories…and items page opened up here.…You can see that there are various categories…with items inside them.…These have various maximum grades and weights.…The teacher can then proceed to edit a category.…
I'll click on edit so you can see what that looks like.…Let's keep this open for demonstration purposes…as we head back to our admin defaults.…Back on my own Moodle dashboard,…I'm on the Grade Category settings page.…And I got here in the administration block…under site administration, and then grades,…and then grade category settings.…Lower down on this page you're gonna see some…checkboxes as either forced or advanced…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.