It is important to spend some time creating the introduction section of your Moodle course. This is the section at the top of your course and is a great place for a course syllabus, survey, or welcome video.
- [Instructor] In the previous video, … we took a look at how to set up … and title the different sections or units for our course. … You'll notice that above the first unit here, … which is titled Structure and Function, … I have an additional section. … Right now, it doesn't have a title. … This will be the Introduction section, … or the section that your students see … when then first log in to this page. … Let's take a look at how we can customize this. … First, over on the right-hand side, … I'm going to click Edit, and then Edit section. … And I first want to give it a name. … Now in order to give it a name, rather than General, … I have to click on Custom up here. … And then I'm going to type in Welcome to Biology 101. … I think it's a good idea … to include the title of the course here, … along with a image … that students can familiarize themselves with, … as well as a description of the course. … I'm going to go ahead and add the other two. … In here, for the Summary section, …
- Name the theme that was recently introduced in Moodle 3.3.
- Recognize the symbol that indicates Moodle inline help.
- Identify the block used to keep track of a course schedule.
- Apply the Pencil tool to change the number of points that a quiz question is worth.
- Define a “single simple discussion.”
- Determine the default minimum score required to receive an A.
- Recall the Moodle backup format that is compatible with other learning management systems.
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.