It is important to spend some time creating the introduction section of your Moodle course. This is the section at the top of your course and is a great place for a course syllabus, survey, or welcome video.
- [Voiceover] In the previous video,…we took a look at how to set up and title…the different sections for our course.…You'll notice that above the first unit,…there is an introduction section,…which right now is titled General.…I can change the name of that by…clicking on the pencil icon, and then typing in the name.…I'm going to type in a welcome message here…for the introduction section,…Welcome to Concepts of Biology.…Once I'm done, I'll press enter or return and it's retitled.…I do recommend that you take the time…to set up the introduction section…Remember, this is the page that students…will first see when they log in to your course.…
I think it's a good idea to include a welcome message,…an image that students can familiarize themselves with,…as well as a description of the course.…I'm going to go ahead and do that.…Now in order to do this, I can click on…Edit to the right of this section.…And then, Edit section.…And inside of here, you'll notice…that I've changed the title up top,…and I can now enter in a description.…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.