Learning management systems allow instructors to create an online class, add assignments and assessments, and communicate with students. The LMS allows students to access the course and course resources online, complete assignments, and communicate with the instructor. Learning management systems can be used to facilitate online courses, or to foster a blended learning experience.
- [Instructor] Before we begin learning how to use Moodle,…let's take a second to understand what it is.…Moodle is a Learning Management System or LMS.…Learning Management Systems are online platforms…where teachers and students can collaborate…in order to improve student achievement.…They allow teachers to create an online class,…add assignments, add resources for students…to use both inside and outside of the classroom,…and LMS can help to grade these assignments…and deliver quick high-quality feedback…and they allow teachers to communicate…with students in a number of ways.…
Essentially, Learning Management Systems…allow teachers to organize and optimize…their entire class process.…For students, the Learning Management System…allows them to access their class online,…they can find their class syllabus and assignments…including due dates, they can find and use…a wide variety of classroom resources,…and they can even turn in assignments…and view up-to-date grades.…Also, students can use the Learning Management System…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.