Activities, including assignments, quizzes, forums, surveys, and more, can be added to your Moodle course. There is a wide variety of activities to choose from, and each of them can be customized by the instructor.
- [Oliver] In the previous chapter, we took a look at how to add resources to your Moodle course. In this chapter we'll take a look at how to add activities. Activities are added at the same place. In each of the sections I can click on Add an activity or resource in order to add them. Activities are a critical part of any course, as they allow the learners to apply what they're learning. There are many different activity types available in Moodle. In this chapter we'll discuss assignments, quizzes, surveys, forums, as well as a few others. A couple quick things I want to note. First, if you don't have access to one of the activities that are discussed in this chapter, talk to your system administrator and see if they can enable that feature.
Next, throughout the chapter, I'm going to give a brief overview of some of the different activities and how you can add them to your Moodle course. If you'd like to learn more about some of the other activity tools, such as workshops, or you want to take a deeper dive into concepts and best practices related to assessing students in Moodle, then check out another course I've created, Assessing Learning in Moodle, which is also in our library. Let's get started adding some activities to our Moodle course.
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course