Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing a plugin, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- We're going to install our plugin now.…There are a number of ways to install a plugin in Moodle.…I'm gonna guide you through the most technical process first…and then I'll describe the easier ones to you.…Here's my attendance module plugin folder, once again.…When I open it, I'll find the README file.…Most good plugins contain a file like this.…When I open that up and I look at the bottom,…I'll find the installation instructions here.…There are three steps.…The first step talks about creating the folder…and gives you an example of the path.…
The thing to take note of here…is that it's telling you to go into your Moodle…root directory, and then drop it into the mod folder.…Let's remember that as we move forward.…The second step says to extract the files from the folder…inside the archive to create a folder.…We've already done that,…so we don't have to worry about that.…The third step tells us how to complete the installation.…Inside our Moodle admin dashboard,…we need to visit Home and then Site Administration,…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.