Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing cron and automating cron jobs, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- We're gonna talk about cron in this video.…Moodle needs to regularly run…certain system-level processes at times.…It does this using a third-party program called Cron.…An example of one of these processes…might be checking for the latest Moodle updates.…It may already be installed on your computer,…but cron is so important for properly running Moodle,…that I'm gonna go through it,…so you know how to install it if needed.…There are different ways to install cron…for Windows and Mac.…Let's start with Windows.…Fortunately in Windows, there's an installer…available to make the process fairly smooth.…
Go to the Download page.…The download should happen automatically,…but if it doesn't, click on this link over here…to download it manually.…Back in my Downloads folder,…I see the executable file,…so I'm gonna double-click it.…That launches this wizard…and then click on Next.…I agree to accept the terms of the agreement.…I'll keep the path that it suggests,…and move on again.…Now I just hit Install.…This next dialog box…asks how often I want my sites…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.