Take your learning management system page to the next level by adding a custom image header with HTML. Explore what to name the file to allow you to easily change the look of your LMS page without having to log in and make the changes.
- [Narrator] You can add your own custom…images to pages in your LMS using…absolute links in a source attribute.…I'm inside of a course in the Moodle…Learning Management System that I…walk through setting up in the…infrastructure chapter later in this course.…Feel free to follow along with a page from your own LMS.…The header to this course page is not…very interesting, but we can dress it up…with a decorative image that I've uploaded…to my personal webspace on stateu.org.…Begin by entering the edit mode for your LMS.…
In Moodle I click the Turn Editing On…button here in the upper right.…Then look for an option to edit the top block of your page.…In Moodle, it's this top edit link.…I'll click it and select Edit Selection.…Then in the Summary section, I'll click…the expander icon and then click the HTML button…to go into the HTML editing mode.…Create an image tag and then let's…set the source, or SRC attribute,…equal to, quotes, the absolute path…for the image that you want to display.…
The path to my image is at http://…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.