- Moodle allows teachers to import…and export grades, which means…you don't have to be online 24, seven.…If you think you'll do some offline work in a spreadsheet,…it's a good idea to export the gradebook first.…That way, you'll have a file with at least one field…that Moodle can use the map the grades…to each specific student in your class.…So let's do that.…First, I'll go to the Administration block…and click Grades.…Next I'll click the Export tab.…Then I'll select a format.…
I will select the tab marked Excel spreadsheet.…If you're exporting a copy of the gradebook as a backup,…then keep all the Grade items checked.…If you're exporting a copy of the gradebook…just so you can import the file again with the user names,…click Select all/none, until the Grade items…are unchecked.…The Select all/none link is at the bottom.…You'll have to scroll down.…I'll keep all the Grade items selected.…I'll click that link again.…
Then I'll click Download.…It creates a new file…and it opens automatically.…Use the file you download to enter scores offline.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.