Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing and exporting courses, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Let's look at how to upload some course shells.…Moodle allows you to import courses…and course shells that you have saved locally as files.…As an instructor, I've always appreciated this.…It means I don't have to constantly reinvent the wheel…or go through the arduous process of migrating content…between the same courses.…As an administrator, I can likewise…import course shells.…Course shells are just the empty courses…with no content inside.…The administrator creates course shells…and then the teacher populates those course shells…with his or her own content.…
To show you what kind of information a course shell contains…let's head back to the Manage courses and categories page…in the Courses section.…From here I'm gonna click on Create new course.…We already looked at this page in a previous video…but I just wanted to bring you here…to show you that it contains much of the…main information you'll find inside a course shell.…We have Course full name,…Course short name,…and Course category.…And if you remember,…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.