The Moodle gradebook is highly customizable and allows you to create categories, add assignments, and adjust many of the settings related to your course. Take time setting up your gradebook before your course begins.
- [Instructor] Moodle has a powerful grade book … built in to its platform. … In this video, we'll take a look … at how to get started with the gradebook, … and how to use it as your course progresses. … The first thing I need to do, is to set the gradebook up. … In order to do this, from the course page, … I'll navigate to the gear icon in the upper right. … I'll click here, and from the drop down, … select Gradebook setup. … Now, this brings us to the gradebook setup page. … I'm receiving a error message here, … saying activity deletion is in progress, … some grades are about to be removed. … So I do apologize there, … that some of these assignments are sample ones … I created that I deleted. … However, they're not fully off the system yet. … When I go below this though, … you'll see that some of the assignments I have are in here. … We have the Classification of Living Things assignment … I created, as well as the two photosynthesis quizzes. … Now that's because any time you create …
- New features in Moodle 3.6
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.