Learn how the Moodle gradebook is highly customizable and allows you to create categories, add assignments, and adjust many of the settings related to your course. Take time setting up your gradebook before your course begins.
- [Male Voice] Moodle has a powerful…grade book built into it's platform.…In this video, we'll take a look…at how to get started with the grade book…and how to use it as your course progresses.…The first thing I need to do is to set the grade book up.…In order to do this, I'm going to navigate…to the gear icon at the top right of my page.…And from here, I'll click on grade book setup.…Now this brings me to my grade book setup…and I can see right away that I…have assignments that are in here.…I have The Classification of Living Things,…Photosynthesis Quiz, Sample Quiz and more.…Now these are assignments and quizzes…that we created in earlier videos.…
In Moodle, when you create an assignment…or a quiz that's worth points,…it will automatically be populated into the grade book,…which is a very convenient feature.…When you click on an assignment within the grade book,…you can get more information about it.…I'll click here on The Classification of Living Things…and first it shows me the actual assignment.…And at the bottom we have the grading summary.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile
- Creating sections within a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding course resources
- Quizzing students
- Managing course participants
- Customizing the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 31s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.4
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.4
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.