The Moodle gradebook is highly customizable and allows you to create categories, add assignments, and adjust many of the settings related to your course. Take time setting up your gradebook before your course begins.
- [Instructor] Moodle has a powerful gradebook…built into its platform.…In this video, we'll take a look…at how to get started with the gradebook…and how to use it as your course progresses.…The first thing I need to do is to set the gradebook up.…In order to do this, I'm going to navigate to the gear icon…at the top right of my page.…From here, I'll click on Gradebook Setup.…Now, this brings me to my Gradebook Setup…and I can see right away that I have assignments…that are in here.…I have The Classification of Living Things,…Photosynthesis Quiz, Sample Quiz, and more.…Now, these are assignments and quizzes…that we created in earlier videos.…
In Moodle, when you create an assignment…or a quiz that's worth points,…it will automatically be populated into the gradebook,…which is a very convenient feature.…When you click on an assignment within the gradebook,…you can get more information about it.…I'll click here on The Classification of Living Things…and first it shows me the actual assignment…and at the bottom we have the Grading Summary.…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.