The Moodle gradebook is highly customizable and allows you to create categories, add assignments, and adjust many of the settings related to your course. Take time setting up your gradebook before your course begins.
- [Instructor] Moodle has a powerful gradebook…built into its platform.…In this video, we'll take a look at how to get started…with the gradebook and how to use it…as your course progresses.…The first thing I need to do is to set the gradebook up…and in order to do this,…I'm going to navigate to the gear icon in the upper right.…I'll click here and then click on Gradebook Setup.…Now, this brings me to the Gradebook Setup…and as I can see right away,…I have a few assignments in here.…I have two quizzes and an assignment titled…The Classification of Living Things.…These are assignments and quizzes…that we created in earlier videos.…
In Moodle, when you create an assignment or quiz…that's worth points,…it will automatically be populated into the gradebook…which is a very convenient feature.…Now, when you click on an assignment within the gradebook,…you can get more information about it.…I'm going to click on The Classification of Living Things…and first, it shows me the assignment and this is one…in which students had to click on this article…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.