- If attendance is part of your grading scheme,…you can enter your attendance in Moodle so it's added…to the overall grade in the gradebook.…You can do this for every class meeting,…for class events, such as field trips or labs,…or even an online chat session.…Let's take a look at how you can use…the attendance tool in Moodle.…First, turn editing on using the button…in the top right corner.…Then, we'll scroll to the appropriate topic area.…I use the Course Information section.…
Now I need to click the Add an activity or resource link…in the bottom right corner.…I'll select Attendance from the Activities list.…Then, I'll click the Add button at the bottom.…On the Adding a new Attendance page,…I can enter a name or the attendance,…and I can set the Grade Type.…Select Point if you wanna give points for the attendance.…Can also use a Scale, or a no grade type at all.…
I'll select Point.…For maximum points, I'll select 10.…Now I'll click Save and Display.…On the following page, you can set up an attendance activity…for the whole academic term.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.