Moodle forums allow you to create discussions within your course homepage. Creating online discussions is an excellent way to engage students in the learning process. Discussions help students learn from one another, take ownership in their learning, and practice digital citizenship skills.
- [Instructor] Forums provide a way to engage students … in discussions about course content. … This provides an opportunity for you, as the instructor, … to read what users are posting … and then assess their learning or give feedback. … Let's take a look at the forum activity inside of Moodle. … Now, I want to create a forum, … and I first need to decide which section to add it to. … I'm going to add it to my Traits and Heredity section. … I have editing turned on, … so I'll click on Add an activity or resource. … From here, under Activities, … I'll select Forum, and then I'll click Add. … Now, in here, we first need to give the forum a name, … and I'm going to name this Issues in Genetics. … Below this, we could give a description, … and it may be a good idea to do this, … to put in your expectations of the forum, … in other words, if you want students to use full sentences, … if you want them to stay under a certain word count, … or other things like that. … I'm not going to leave one here. …
- New features in Moodle 3.6
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.