Learn how Moodle forums allow you to create discussions within your course homepage. Creating online discussions is an excellent way to engage students in the learning process. Discussions help students learn from one another, take ownership in their learning, and practice digital citizenship skills.
- [Instructor] Forums provide a way to engage students…in discussions about course content.…This provides an opportunity for you,…as the instructor, to read what users are posting…and then informally, or formally, assess their learning.…Let's take a look at the form activity inside of Moodle.…Now, first I'm going to scroll down to one of my sections.…I'll go to Traits and Heredity…and on the right hand side,…I'll click add an activity or resource.…From here, I want to scroll down and select forum.…On the right hand side, it tells us more about forums…and some ways that we can use them.…
Down here I'll click add.…And on this page we can start customizing our forum.…I'm going to title this one, Genetics Issues,…and for description, I'm going to paste one in…that I've already typed out, just letting students know…that they should read the question and leave their answer.…And, once they do that they'll be able…to see answers from other students.…So, I'll scroll down here…and I'm going to click to display that on the course page.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile
- Creating sections within a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding course resources
- Quizzing students
- Managing course participants
- Customizing the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 31s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.4
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.4
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.