Moodle forums allow you to create discussions within your course homepage. Creating online discussions is an excellent way to engage students in the learning process. Discussions help students learn from one another, take ownership in their learning, and practice digital citizenship skills.
- [Instructor] Forums provide a way to engage students…in discussions about course content.…This provides an opportunity for you as the instructor…to read what users are posting…and then informally or formally assess their learning.…Let's take a look at the forum activity inside of Moodle.…Now, first I'm going to scroll down to one of my sections.…I'll go to traits and heredity,…and on the right hand side I'll click…add an activity or resource.…From here, I want to scroll down and select forum.…On the right hand side, it tells us more about forums…and some ways that we can use them.…
Down here, I'll click add.…And on this page, we can start customizing our forum.…Going to title this one Genetics Issues, and for description,…I'm going to paste one in that I've already typed out,…just letting students know that they should…read the question and leave their answer,…and once they do that they'll be able…to see answers from other students.…So I'll scroll down here, and I'm going to click…to display that on the course page.…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.