Moodle forums allow you to create discussions within your course home page. Creating online discussions is an excellent way to engage students in the learning process. Discussions help students learn from one another, take ownership in their learning, and practice digital citizenship skills.
- [Instructor] Forums provide a way…to engage students in discussions about course content.…This provides an opportunity for you, as the instructor,…to read what users are posting…and, informally or formally, assess their learning.…Let's take a look at the forum activity inside of Moodle.…Right now I'm going to add one to one of my sections.…I'll go down to Heredity.…I'll click add an activity or resource,…and from here I'll select forum.…To the right we have a description of the forum…as well as some ways that you can use it.…
I'm going to click add,…and we can begin creating our forum.…First, I'm going to type the name of the forum,…and that is Genetically Modified Foods.…Below we can put a description.…And, in this case, I'm going to put in a description.…And the description I gave is,…Please read the question and give your answer.…You are required to answer the prompt…before you can see what others have posted.…And I'll explain how we do this in a little while.…Now, I do want this to appear…on the description for the course page.…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.