Moodle forums allow you to create discussions within your course homepage. Creating online discussions is an excellent way to engage students in the learning process. Discussions help students learn from one another, take ownership in their learning, and practice important digital citizenship skills.
- A great way to engage students in learning…is through class discussions.…Although I believe that in-class discussions are important,…online discussions are equally as important…and require a different set of skills.…It's great to see a quiet student speak up more…in an online discussion…or to have students working on their writing skills…while in a discussion.…Moodle allows you to create online discussions…through their Forum activity.…Let's take a look at how to create one.…First, I'm going to make sure that editing is on.…In this case, it is already.…Next I have to choose which section…I would like for this forum to be.…
I'm actually going to choose the introduction section,…which is the one at the top above my first topic.…In the section that I want to add it,…I'll click on Add an activity or resource.…From this menu, I want to select Forum.…At the top, I need to give a name to my Forum.…Then, we can put a Description.…This is not where you put your actual discussion question.…This Description is simply describing the Forum.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.