Adding too many files and resources to your course page can make it more difficult for students to navigate and can slow down the time it takes your page to load. In order to avoid this, you are able to add folders into different sections of your course in which you can add multiple files for students to access.
- In your Moodle course,…if you begin to add too many files to a section,…it can become cluttered and overwhelming…for students to use.…If I scroll down, I can see that…my Communication Fundamentals section is getting close,…it's got a lot of files I'm sharing.…Now, if for some reason you have…a large number of files that you'd like to share,…say for instance, .pdf files,…you can use folders within Moodle to organize them.…Let's go ahead and create a folder.…First, I'm going to go to the top and Turn editing on,…and then I'll scroll down to another section,…let's say, Context,…and I'm going to click on Add an activity or resource.…
From here I'll scroll down,…and select Folder.…Here I'll name the folder, "Communication Articles",…and let's say that I want to share…a number of .pdf files that are articles…I want students to read.…Below the title I can add a description,…and once I have my description,…I can choose to display that on the course page,…and then I can start to add Content.…I'll click here,…and in the first example, I'll go to my Desktop,…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.