Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding plugins, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Let's take a look at where to find plugins now.…They're in the same area we got our theme from.…Here I am back on moodle.org…and we're gonna click on downloads.…I'm gonna head on down to Extend Moodle once again.…We saw this when we installed the theme.…Now I'll just click on Moodle plugins directory.…Here we see a full list of plugins within categories.…You should spend some time browsing these…to know what's out there and what's available.…I'd also recommend to scope out some online forums…discussing plugins and attend any developer meetups…in your area where you could get some tips…on moodle plugins.…
Since I already know what I'm after in this case though,…I'm just gonna use the search bar…and type attendance module.…I know from experience that the plugin I want…in this specific case, Attendance,…and with the scripting name mod_attendance…is the last one on the list.…I'll click on it and we get to this page here…with this familiar interface.…It's familiar because it's the same interface layout…we had seen when we chose our theme named Dynamic.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.