Moodle allows you to easily upload and share a wide variety of files with your students, including documents, images, audio, and videos. Most files can be embedded and viewed within the Moodle platform. Files and URLs can be added to specific sections within your Moodle course.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll take a look…at how we can add files and URLs to our Moodle course.…Files and URLs are other resources…that we can add into individual sections.…Right now, I'm going to make sure that editing is turned on…and the first thing I want to do…is to add a syllabus to my course.…I want to put this at the top in the introduction section.…So here under the introduction section,…I'm going to go to the right…and click on Add an activity or resource.…From here, I'll scroll down…and I'm going to select File.…I have a file of the syllabus, it's a PDF, on my desktop.…
Off to the right we get the description…of what a file is and how we can use it,…but here I'm going to click Add.…Now, I'll give it a title.…I'll title it Concepts of Biology Syllabus.…I can leave a description…and decide whether I want that to display on the course page…and then I can select the file.…So here I'm going to click on Add a file,…then I'm going to choose the file from my computer,…and on my desktop I have this Concepts of Biology Syllabus.…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.