Labels are a versatile resources on the Moodle platform that allow you to add content and share resources on your course page. You can also use labels to customize the look and layout of your course by adding images and videos throughout your different course sections. Avoid using too many labels, however, as it can slow down the speed in which your course page loads.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we'll take a look at…how to improve your course page using labels.…Labels are an important resource on Moodle…as they allow you to quickly add text, images, multimedia,…and you can even embed HTML code on your course page.…You can use labels to deliver resources such as…audio or video files…which students can then watch on the course homepage.…As an example, I want to add a quick video…that I'd like my students to watch.…In order to do this,…I'm first going to Turn editing on…in the upper right corner.…
I'll navigate down to my Communication Fundamentals section…and I'm going to click on Add an activity or resource.…From here, I'll scroll down to RESOURCES…and I'm going to double click on Label.…It provides us with a text editor…and inside of here is where we can create…the label that we want to appear.…Now, inside of here,…I'm going to click on the button…that allows me to insert media.…And I have a YouTube video…that I want my students to watch.…So, here, I'll copy this URL,…and then on the pop-up that appeared on my course page,…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.