Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Facilitating peer review activities with forums, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- In the last video, we looked at how to set up a forum.…Now lets look at how to use the same forum tool…to go beyond the class discussion.…In this video, we'll use one to conduct…a peer review activity.…A key aspect of peer review activities is giving…individuals or teams a chance to get additional feedback…about their work before they submit…a final version for a grade.…As an additional benefit to students,…they often learn more about the course topics…by reading each other's work.…As an additional benefit to you the instructor,…you get stronger work after the students make revisions…based on the feedback.…
I won't show you how to set up a forum again,…but I will highlight a couple settings that are useful…for peer review.…I'll start with a forum I've already created.…I'll click this one called Peer Review Forum.…Next I'll scroll down to the Administration block…and click Edit settings for this forum.…The description should contain clear details…about how the peer review will work.…Often students don't know how to give constructive feedback.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.