Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the anatomy of Moodle files, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- I want to point you toward…a few key files and folders…within your new Moodle installation.…As a Moodle administrator at your school,…you may or may not be expected…to tinker with Moodle's files…once they're on the server.…This will depend on the depth…and level of the role you've been hired for.…Namely, whether you've been hired…as an actual developer or a webmaster.…Here are a few files to pay some attention to though,…even as a non-developer.…I'm in the public htdocs folder in XM.…This is where we had put our Moodle installation,…and if you remember,…I renamed that to gols.…
I'm gonna go ahead and enter that now,…and then I get to the root folder of Moodle.…The first file that might catch your attention…is the readme.txt file,…which gives you instructions…on a quick installation.…I've opened it here, and you can see those instructions.…But since we've already installed Moodle,…let's move on from this one.…The next important Moodle file is the index.php file.…This file is surely important…to almost any site or CMS.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.