Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring Moodle documentation, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- In this video, we'll explore the details of…Moodle documentation.…I wouldn't recommend using any open source web software,…unless it comes with solid documentation.…Fortunately for us, Moodle does.…Also just three different ways of searching…for documentation.…First, most major tasks you need to perform,…are broken down at the headings and sections.…For example, we're gonna install Moodle in the next chapter.…You can just scroll down,…and see documentation on that fairly easily,…under Installation, and then Installing Moodle.…Another way to find things with this method,…is the simple Ctrl+F keyword search, on this page.…
In this case, I want to find out information about servers,…so I'll just type in server here,…and all the server information gets highlighted.…A second method to find documentation,…is to use the Documentation's own search bar,…on the top right. In a later video, for example,…I'll show you how to set up users,…but let's just say I want to look that up right now,…I just type users into the search bar,…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.