Join Kirsten Hunter for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Learning MongoDB (2017).
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can download them to your desktop. If you don't have access to the exercise files, you can retrieve them from GitHub at https://github.com/synedra/learning_mongo. The Exercise Files folder is laid out with folders for each chapter. Within each chapter, there are folders for each movie. And each of these directories has a Start and Finished directory with the code that you need. As you start each movie, you'll need to change directories into the proper Start directory for that movie so you can work with and run the exercises.
You can edit the file as we move through the exercise. And if you want to just watch and then look at the code, the Finished directory contains the finished script. If you're viewing this course on a mobile device, a set-top device, or your membership doesn't provide access to the exercise files, that's okay. I still encourage you to follow along as we go through the course.
- Installing MongoDB for Windows and OS X
- Why Mongo?
- Document-oriented data
- Exploring the Mongo shell
- Importing data into the database
- Building an application in Node.js
- Tuning Mongo queries
- Replication and sharding