Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing user policies, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- We're gonna take a look at user attributes…in this chapter.…Having created ourselves some mock users,…the next logical step we are concerned about…is understanding their roles, policies and permissions.…Let's start with User policies.…I'm already here on the User policies page,…but you're gonna find it in the Administration block…under Site administration, Users,…Permissions, and then User policies.…User policies is essentially a settings page…that defines certain defaults for users when they are…either created or when they are performing tasks.…
We'll take the first one as an example, Role for visitors.…A visitor is a Guest who is not logged in,…but can see parts of your course that you have made pulbic.…Visitors, essentially, only have the option…to browse basic content on the site, but not interact…with activities, such as quizzes or forum posts.…They also can't see much information about other users.…You may have already seen this in action,…by looking at your screen before logging…into your Moodle installation.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.