Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Enrolling users in courses, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Now that we have some courses,…let's add a teacher…and some students to one of them.…I'm on My home page here,…on the Moodle admin dashboard.…I'm gonna head over to Courses,…and then the Communications category,…and then Communication Intermediate 1.…That's that first course we created.…Now I'm on the course's home page.…It's important to note that I'm logged in…as my main administrator, John Smith.…I'll go over to Users, and then Enrolled users.…And I can see there's nobody enrolled.…So I'm gonna click here on Enroll users.…
I'll choose a few Participants.…You can see here that they're all Participants.…But let's make one of them a teacher.…On Sally, I'm gonna click on the little user icon here.…If you remember, we gave the role of teacher…a more colloquial name.…Language Ninja.…So in this case, Language Ninja is the teacher role.…I'm gonna assign that to Sally now.…Now you can see, Sally's got the teacher role.…I'm also gonna keep her Participant role here.…This lets her experience the course…from both perspectives.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.