Most instructors will already have their students uploaded to their course by the system administrator that installed the software on the server. If not, there are ways to manually add students in the system, or set up self-enrollment.
- [Instructor] We've now taken a look at how…to set up our modal course.…We've customized the sections,…determined the scope and sequence,…and added activities and resources.…In this video, we'll take a look at how you can add users.…Now in most institutions,…the list of students will already be entered…and uploaded to your course.…So adding students isn't something…that you'll likely have to worry about.…Let's take a look, however,…at how we can manually add students into your course,…and then assign them the correct role and permission.…So right now, I'm on the homepage…for my Concepts of Biology course,…and on the left-hand side we have our navigation menu.…
Remember, with the boost theme,…that if this doesn't appear,…you can click on the three lines icon up here,…and it disappears and comes back out.…From here, I wanna click on participants.…When I do this, you can see all of the participants…that are currently in this course,…and right now, that's only me.…But that makes sense because I haven't yet added any users,…
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
1. Learning Management Systems
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.5
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.5
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.