Most instructors will already have their students uploaded to their course by the system administrator that installed the software on the server. If not, there are ways to manually add students in the system, or set up self-enrollment.
- [Instructor] We've now looked at how to set up…our Moodle course.…We've customized the sections, determined the scope…and sequence, and added activities and resources.…In this video, we'll take a look…at how you can add users.…Now, in most institutions,…the list of students will already be entered…and uploaded to your course,…so adding students isn't something…that you'll likely have to worry about.…Let's take a look, however,…at how we can manually add students that are in the system…and assign them the correct role and permissions.…Right now, I'm on my course dashboard for my…Concepts of Biology course, and on the left-hand side,…from this navigation menu, I'm going to select participants.…
Remember, if you can't see this, click on the icon…with three lines on the top.…That will bring out that navigation menu,…and I'll click participants.…This shows that right now,…I am the only participant in this course.…But that makes sense.…We haven't yet added any students.…Now, off to the right, if I click on the gear icon,…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.