Most instructors will already have their students uploaded to their course by the system administrator that installed the software on the server. You also have the option to manually add students as long as they have an account created on your institution's Moodle platform using the manual enrollment feature.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- We have now created the majority of our course on the…Moodle platform.…We've customized the layout, determined the scope and…sequence of the course, and added activities and resources.…In this video, we'll take a look at how you can add users.…Now, at most institutions, the roster of students will…already be entered and uploaded to your course.…So adding students is likely not something that you'll…have to worry about.…Let's take a look, however, at how we can manually add…students into our course and assign them the correct…role and permissions.…Right now, I'm on the Course Dashboard, and on the left…hand side, under the Administration block, I need to click…on Users.…
From here, I'll select Enrolled Users, and you'll notice…that right now, I'm the only person enrolled in the course.…This is because my students were not pre-loaded and…I have not added any up to this point.…In order to add users, I'll click on the Enroll Users button…in the upper right hand corner, and you'll notice that…the spellings are different on some of these words,…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
Creating Multimedia Learningwith Renaldo Lawrence56m 59s Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.