Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Enabling a course request, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Moodle ships with an option for teachers…and curriculum developers to request their own courses,…which we'll take a look at now.…Administering an entire curriculum can be overwhelming.…Instead of the administrator him or herself…typing in the details of every course…with Course requesting enabled…the administrator only needs to scan the list for red flags,…while simply approving the rest.…The first thing I'm gonna do is Enable course requests…so that any user can request one.…We need to see a Default category…that all request courses will get categorized under.…I think Miscellaneous is the best option in this case.…
I'm also gonna Enable category selection…so users can select a category for their own course.…Lastly we have Course request notification.…If I leave it as Nobody then the administrator…needs to frequently check the pending requests page…to view frequent requests.…If you have a big operation that will be part…of the administrators daily tasks.…I'll assume that my educational institution…is a smaller one in this case,…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.