Learn how to embed the most popular type of media for educators – YouTube videos. We step through finding the iFrame code, selecting the appropriate options for educators, and then editing the URL to enable closed captions to automatically display on the video for your learners. You won't want to miss the secret trick for turning off related YouTube videos with a custom HTML hack.
- [Speaker] Let's kick off our exploration of iframes…by embedding the most common type of media…that you're going to use in your course,…and that would be movies posted to YouTube.…Here's a short clip that I've posted…to represent a typical movie…that you may want to use for your class.…If you'd like to learn how…to record and post movies on your own channel on YouTube,…then check out my Blended Learning Fundamentals course,…where I walk you through the process step-by-step.…The first step in embedding…your YouTube content on your page…is to find the iframe code.…
If you look below the movie, you should find a shared link.…Clicking on that will reveal the sharing panel.…Then, click the second tab that says 'Embed'.…The Embed tab has the iframe code on it…that you're looking for.…To see a preview of what the embedded movie…is going to look like, click the show more button.…Depending of the video that you've selected,…you may see a slightly different set of options here.…For this movie, you can choose a custom size…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.