Learn how to embed videos posted to the popular video-sharing site Vimeo into your pages. The iFrame code that is generated from Vimeo is very flexible and author Chris Mattia shows you how to modify the URL parameters to make the video appear exactly how you want it to on your site.
- [Narrator] Another common type of media that you may…want to embed on your page is a movie posted on Vimeo.…I've posted another video at bit.ly/env432unit03…on Vimeo for us to work with.…When you find a movie on Vimeo that you want to embed,…look for the Share button.…There's one here, on the movie itself,…and, if you scroll down a little bit,…you'll find one in the description at the bottom.…Either one will take you to the same place.…This will open a panel with the Embed code on it.…
If you click the Show options button on the right-hand side,…you can find additional options that you can customize.…The options that are available…for you to customize on Vimeo…will depend on the type of account…that the owner of the video has.…I've set up a basic, free account on Vimeo…so that we can look at what the base options would be like…if that's the type of account that the video was hosted by.…You do not need to have your own account on Vimeo…in order to get to this Embed code.…You can set the size that you want…the video to appear in on your page.…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.