- In the video about navigating a Moodle Course, we saw that…blocks enable specific course level functionalities.…They're in the left and right columns.…While sections make it easier…to organize your course resources and activities,…they run down the center of the Course page.…In this video, we'll focus on editing, moving,…adding to, and working in these sections.…As we learned earlier in this chapter,…you can set both the number and type of sections…with the appropriate course settings…in the ADMINISTRATION block…by clicking the Edit settings link.…
When you're ready to start working…in the sections themselves,…the first step is to turn editing on.…This turns the entire Moodle Course from a static webpage…to a dynamic environment where you can change…anything you want.…There are two ways to turn editing on.…You can click the Turn editing on button…located in the top right corner of your Moodle Course…or you can click the Turn editing on link…located at the top of the ADMINISTRATION block.…I will click the Turn editing on button…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.