- In Moodle, settings are everywhere,…and that's a good thing.…Almost every individual resource or activity…has settings that you can edit.…In this video we'll look at course level settings…that affect availability, format, and appearance,…maximum file sizes, groups, and more.…Let's look at how to get to the course settings.…First, go to the administration block…on the left hand side.…Then click the Edit settings link.…The Edit course settings page…has a lot of settings you can change,…so it's broken into categories that collapse.…
Let's start with the General course settings…at the top.…The visible menu controls one of…the most important settings.…Set Visible to Show…when you want students to be able to start working…in your course.…Hide makes it invisible and unavailable to students.…Such as when you want to work on your course…before the academic term begins.…The next category of settings we'll review…relates to the course format.…Let's open that category and take a look.…Here you can select how you want to display…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.