Learning how to use CSS can be challenging, but author Chris Mattia shows you the tricks to unlocking the power of web developer tools built into your browser to easily inspect, modify, and learn CSS. This is an incredibly powerful tool. Once you know it's there, you'll begin using it every day.
- [Instructor] Now that you know what CSS is,…let's look at a set of tools that can help you…better understand what rules are being applied…to elements on any webpage.…And those are the developer tools.…For this exercise, I'm going to be using Chrome,…and I have a styled version of our unit02.html file open.…On a Mac, if you go up to the view menu,…near the bottom is a developer menu.…And there are the developer tools.…On Windows, you can right-click on a page…and select inspect.…The developer tools give you the ability to peek behind…the curtain and inspect the html and CSS at work…on any page.…
There is a whole lot to these tools.…But, I want to show you just a couple of things…related to CSS in here that can really help you…both learn the basics of CSS,…and target changes in your LMS.…The developer tools open as a collection of panels,…along with your current page.…If you click on this menu icon,…you can choose how you would like those panels to appear,…whether it be docked to the right side of the page,…docked to the bottom of the page,…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.