Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Downloading Moodle, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Let's download Moodle now.…On the download page,…we see a clear call to action.…Let's click on that download button.…That brings us to a download page…with a couple of options.…Generally speaking, we're interested in the stable version…because it's being tried and tested.…In the information area,…we're provided with some important information,…recent log changes,…upgrading notes,…requires,…and language packs.…Most of these will deal with details…that will make more sense to you as you use Moodle more.…But what we immediately need to determine…are the requirements.…
More specifically for this course,…you'll need to ascertain which version…of PHP and SQL you're running.…For example, Moodle 2.8.5+…requires PHP 5.4.4.…That means that your version of PHP…cannot be any lower than version 5.4.4.…In a later video, I'll show you where to check for this,…but for know, just take note of the version numbers…you see here.…Having established that, we're ready to download.…Nowadays, most operating systems…can unpack all kinds of compression formats,…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.