Websites and webpages require many files of various types. The key to building a successful webpage is getting and staying organized with your file management. In this video, learn best practices for storing and organizing your files.
- [Instructor] Digital asset management…is all about getting and keeping all the files, folders,…and resources that you need for your site…together and organized.…I'll be the first to admit.…The desktop of my normal computer…is a virtual disaster zone.…It's the dumping ground…for whatever I happen to be working on at the moment.…However, when it comes to building a website,…I've had to learn the hard way…to create a strict organizational structure…for each project and stick to it.…In this movie, I want to share with you…one example of the type of organizational structure…that I find helpful when building websites but keep in mind,…there is no one right structure…that is going to work for all sites or all people.…
The key to success is to find an organizational system…that works for you and stick to it.…For each website I create,…I always start with a project folder.…Inside of there, I always have a local site folder.…This is where all of the HTML code…and anything that's going to appear…in my final site will go.…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.