Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Determining global backup course settings, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Now that we have a course and know…how to create more courses, we'll need to know…how to back courses up.…More specifically, we're gonna learn…how to determine our global settings…for backing up courses as an administrator.…On this page, there are really just two sections here…to take into account.…The first one, which is the page title,…general backup defaults, and then the second one,…general backup settings.…On the first one, there's only one setting.…That determines how long the system…keeps backup log information on all courses.…Setting this is a bit of a balancing act.…
It's convenient to have information dating really far back,…but at the same time, this can make files really large.…So, you'll always have to be mindful…of data and server needs.…Let's keep the suggested default of 30 days in our case.…The next section is general backup settings.…These setting determine what the defaults will be…for the teacher or course creator…when he or she proceeds to make a backup.…Just looking at a couple of examples here,…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.