Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining your site policies, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- There are certain site wide policies…you can configure that make Moodle more secure,…and that's what we'll be looking at in this video.…Still in Security, we're gonna head over…to Site policies.…This is a page with many settings.…I think that the majority of them are quite straightforward,…so I'm going to cover a few of them.…Let's start with the second one here for example.…Normally, Moodle shows a sort of preview…of course listings.…Checking this, forces the user into a log in page…right off the bat.…I'm now looking at my Moodle site…as a passing visitor.…Look at how my homepage looks by default.…
You can see the list of courses displayed here.…Back on our Settings page,…I've checked the Force users to log in…checkbox, and now I'm gonna save.…Here I am again,…from the outside looking in.…I'm just gonna refresh here,…and now you can see I get forced…right into a log in page.…Essentially, this makes the site…a little more secure because you're not dispensing…any content at all to the outside world.…Usually though, you in fact,…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.