Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining roles, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- In this video we're going to look at…how to define user roles.…The first thing you see when you get here,…are the default roles and their descriptions.…What I will show you on this page…is that you can delete a role.…But be careful not to do that right now.…You can move a role up and down on this list.…I'm going to move Manager down,…and now I'll move it back up.…You can also edit a role…and there are two ways of doing that.…I can either click on this little gear icon here,…or I can come over and click on the role title itself.…In this case, let's go to Teacher.…
Clicking on the role title itself…gives you a series of buttons here.…The first one of those is Edit.…But down here I can also Reset the role, for example.…But you don't want to do that right now.…Resetting might come in handy…if you make too many modifications to it…causing too much of a mess.…I could also Export the role's settings.…But let's go ahead and just edit it right now.…Here you get the option of renaming the role.…This Short name, would best be a computer-friendly one…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.