Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Deciding if Moodle is right for you, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Now that we know what Moodle is,…let's briefly talk about why we would choose it.…If you've been tasked with setting up a learning environment…for your organization,…there are a few options you can consider.…For example,…you may be considering Wordpress,…enhanced with learning related extensions,…since you're already accustomed to WordPress,…and don't want to learn a new system.…Or for instance, maybe the project…or environment you're working on…requires a learning component,…robust eCommerce solution…and a social component.…In that case, Moodle might not be such a good idea…as your choice of CMS or LMS.…
You may also have strict and demanding interactive…requirements such as this…altered dynamic World of SWISS parallax interface.…Moodle sports a pretty conventional interface,…so if you're looking for a cutting edge interface,…Moodle may not be the best solution for you.…Achieving a particular look or user journey with Moodle…may require a complicated customization…to the point that it's not even worth using.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.